13124633 SHANON LYONS
President Michael D Higgins has dissolved the 31st Dáil after Taoiseach Enda Kenny visited Áras an Uachtaráin, paving the way for a General Election.
Election 2016 will take place on Friday 26 February.
Voting will take place from 7am to 10pm on that day, in accordance with the Polling Day Order signed by Minister for the Environment, Community and Local Government Alan Kelly.
- The Taoiseach confirmed the election date on a video released on his Twitter account.
- Mr Kenny said he wished to inform the House as a matter of courtesy of his intention to visit Áras an Uachtaráin to ask President Michael D Higgins to dissolve the Dáil.
- He said the Dáil will resume on 10 March
Microblogging / Lab 2
- Who is this person?
Stephen John Fry is an English comedian, actor, writer, presenter and activist.
- How often do they tweet?
Tweets a few times every day.
- Pick up a tweet containing @(usually an answer or attribution) , check the other account, and explain in what context was it used. Copy and paste the original tweet on your wiki page.
Stephen was asked a question and answered with the above
- Pick up a retweet of this person, check its origin, copy the tweet on your wiki page and try to explain the motivation of the user for retweeting (RT).
Stephen RT'd Johnathan Ross as he was going to be on his ITV show, talking about hosting the BAFTAs.
Creative Commons / Lab 3